Elder Palmer (back row, 6th from left) is serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kinshasa mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Eric returned home on August 27th, 2011!!!!!

He was transferred to Yaounde, Cameroon on August 13th, 2010.


Links listed on the left are from the senior couples and Mission President!

Comments in italics are clarifications from Mom.




Thursday, December 3, 2009

Eric's email of October 29th, 2009

So, I haven't even met my comp yet, because we got to Douala too late so I just slept at the area senior companion's house. And they have AC and a huge bed and I slept til 7h30 and no one said boo. And then Souer Willis made the best breakfast I've had since being a missionary with eggs and potatoes and ham or something. But the area I'm going to is 30 to 40 minutes away called Bonaberi. And out of the three cities in my mission, this one is the most ghetto and I'm going to the most ghetto part, so that is legit. They told me they have no water in their apartment 4 days of the week, and there is no AC so we all sleep under mosquito nets and open all the windows. But they also said there are a good number of Nigerians who speak English, and I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing yet. Oh, and also the traffic here is crazy and there's a bunch of bike taxi guys. So pretty much, its the best.

But I'll tell you some actual cool stuff next week when I've actually been a missionary here.

Love,
Eric

p.s. watch what happens when I type the English alphabet on this French keyboard:

qbcdefghijkl,noparstuvzxyw

No comments:

Post a Comment