Elder Palmer (back row, 6th from left) is serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kinshasa mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Eric returned home on August 27th, 2011!!!!!

He was transferred to Yaounde, Cameroon on August 13th, 2010.


Links listed on the left are from the senior couples and Mission President!

Comments in italics are clarifications from Mom.




Friday, January 8, 2010

Eric's email of January 7th, 2010

"I have become a happy somebody"

So, that subject line is something one of the members here said this week during a lesson, and I found it amusing. Anglophones say some funny things.

Anyways, so I was in the process of writing your email, then the stupid mouse stopped working. And then I tried shutting the computer down and everything got messed up. But I don't have a lot of time, and I don't have much patience for this computer right now, so I'll just talk about some highlights, mainly the baptism.

So yeah, the baptism went great. We were planning on having 4 people, but only Phillip and Laura got baptized. And I actually got to baptize Phillip, so that was cool. And this was the third time that Phillip had a baptism date, and he had some problems before, but now he actually made it, so hooray! And in his testimony after the baptism, he said, "I am here today to tell you that the devil is a liar!" Ha, more funny things said by anglophones.

But it was a good baptism, oh yeah, except Phillip wasn't at church when it was time for Sacrament meeting to start, and he was supposed to get confirmed. So Elder Ternieden and I were running through Bissekey, his neighborhood, and then right before we got to his place, he was walking out. He was late because he was bringing 8 or so people with him. So we can't be mad since he was bringing people to church. Then after church we had a lesson with all of them. But, we had to run and find Phillip for his confirmation.

Well, if technology wasn't stupid, I would write more, but I'm almost out of time. So I hope everyone is doing well, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying going back to school. And Scott, don't break the car. (Scott took the rear view mirror off the "Scooter" on Wednesday.)

Je vous aime,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment