Elder Palmer (back row, 6th from left) is serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kinshasa mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Eric returned home on August 27th, 2011!!!!!

He was transferred to Yaounde, Cameroon on August 13th, 2010.


Links listed on the left are from the senior couples and Mission President!

Comments in italics are clarifications from Mom.




Monday, January 25, 2010

Eric's email of January 23rd, 2010

Hey family,

I am writing you so that you know I am not dead. On Thursday there was no internet connection, so that's why you didn't hear from me. But we are doing it right now at the end of our day.

And things are going good. Like I told you, I've got a new companion. His name is Elder Lee, he is from Federal Way, Washington, which is pretty much Seattle. But he is legit, and he also loves sports. He is the new district leader also, and basically, everything is going good so far. I am the more experienced in the area now, so that's cool that I show him everywhere to go. But also the past couple weeks I've seen how much work there is to do down here, and now I'm not a junior companion just wandering around, I have some ideas and things to get things going here. Because, the church is pretty darn young/inexperienced here. And we want it to not be a missionary church. You guys and other people back home would probably be way surprised about how much responsibility we have, like running nearly everything for the Sunday program, trying to get people to wear a white shirt, and to show up on time. Its ridiculous. And also often times a missionary presides or conducts sacrament meeting.

But besides that stuff, things are going well. Except yesterday Elder Lee and I were sick the whole day and stayed inside. We were throwing up all day. So we pretty much just stayed in bed, and we listened to almost an entire conference session, including the priesthood meeting. But today we are pretty much fine, so its not that bad. We think it was this water we drank at an investigator's house. So I learned my lesson.

Well I don't have very much time, sorry I can't answer the questions for the week. I haven't read the emails yet, I just wanted to make sure I get an email off. But I hope you all are doing well and I miss you.

Je vous aime,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment