Elder Palmer (back row, 6th from left) is serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kinshasa mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Eric returned home on August 27th, 2011!!!!!

He was transferred to Yaounde, Cameroon on August 13th, 2010.


Links listed on the left are from the senior couples and Mission President!

Comments in italics are clarifications from Mom.




Sunday, July 3, 2011

Eric's Email of June 30, 2011

Well, if I can't get my darn camera to get pictures on this computer this time, I don't know what to do.  I plugged the camera in with a USB thing and its not recognizing.

So, you may have gotten an email from the Thompson's yesterday.  So, I type my email 1 and a half times, the computers died on us twice, and eventually couldn't even stay on for more than 2 seconds.  Basically, I was in the process of telling you about Tuesday, which was one of the most unique days of my mission.  Elder Thompson was my comp that day because Elder Wagman was malade. (sick)  It was sweet, because I got driven around all day.

I think we had a total of 7 rendezvous that day.  2 members were very ravi-ed to have Elder Thompson in their home.  A new person showed up to the church, and it was basically a perfect lesson that they should've filmed for "The District" movies.  Too bad most of my lessons are like that.  Also had some not good lessons that day, including one with a former catholic who turned not-christian and didn't want to listen.  One of those wanting to die moments.  Um, Elder Thompson has an awesome accent.

Like you know, the Headlees went home.  We are now under the jurisdiction of the Jamesons.  I think we are supposed to see them next weekend.  Oh, and Elder Acorda (previous companion) goes home soon, but hopefully we'll go down to Douala for President Jameson, and I could see him before he goes home, as well and Elder Mbuyi (know him from Pointe-Noire) and people in Douala one more time.

Um, what else can I tell you really quick.  So today was good.  Recently we've been getting Bonabéri style numbers.  Not quite as much as there, that means lots of lessons.  But we are getting more recently.  We saw recent convert, Soeur Nina today.  She is getting ready to teach the lesson to la Societé de Secours on Sunday, her first time to do her calling as a teacher.  And its ironic, because her lesson is in the book "La Sainte des Derniers Jours", Ch. 33, which is called "Se Préparer à Enseigner".  So the first thing she will teach is how to prepare to teach.  Weird.

Oh, and just so Dad knows, Elder Hansen and I have been running.  (In training for the 1/2 marathon) We went every day since Monday except Thursday.  Elder Hansen guesses that it could be 2 miles.  And we added a little bit on the end, so I think that is a safe guess.  Today, I actually didn't want to die at the end, which was nice.  Elder Hansen did cross country in high school, and he said he never ran the length of a half marathon.  Hmmm.

Well, that's about it.  I've never had Na'an (Indian bread-we love it at home) according to my knowledge.  I'll keep trying with pictures, sorry.  (Do you have enough contacts/solution for the rest of your mission?)  Contacts and all that will be fine.  Did we buy my 6 months extra of contacts, because I'm going to have a whole box of each left over?  (Do you remember the flash flood in Star Vally-it is very wet there again this year) Yes I remember that flash flood.  That was a long time ago.  Are you sure I was only 6.  When did they move into that cabin, because I still remember the mushroom cabin. (Island Park, Id)  Oh, and the  baptism will be on the 16th instead of the 2nd, we are planning on having Marie-Sylvie and Maurice.

Je t'aime,
- Elder Eric Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment