Elder Palmer (back row, 6th from left) is serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kinshasa mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Eric returned home on August 27th, 2011!!!!!

He was transferred to Yaounde, Cameroon on August 13th, 2010.

Links listed on the left are from the senior couples and Mission President!

Comments in italics are clarifications from Mom.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Eric's email of February 13th, 2010

Hey everyone,
Sorry I didn't email on Thursday. The reason for that is because I wasn't in Douala for p-day. Four other missionaries and I went to this place called Kribi! Kribi is about 2 hours away, and it is this beautiful beach area. Next week I will send pictures of it. (That is it to the right and below.) Also right now I am typing on an English keyboard, but it is set for French, so if there are spelling errors, that is what I blame it on. But I'm pretty much used to the french keyboard by now anyways.

So also I don't have barely any time, so I'll answer more questions and such next week. But things here are good, and today was actually great, because it wasn't ridiculously hot. Its rained a little, there were clouds all day, and I barely was sweating. So hopefully rainy season will come soon, because it is a lot more bearable than dry season, I think.

Well with the time I have remaining I will share my spiritual thought of the week. So, on Thursday on the drive out to Kribi, we ran into a little trouble. We got stopped on the highway, and some army guy asked for all the Willis' papers and our papers. And it took about 20 or more minutes. And the Willis' resident papers had literally just expired 2 days before, but luckily the guy didn't notice. But we could have been in trouble there. So that was a pain. Then we also had to drive back 15 to a gas station so Elder Willis could stand up cuz his leg was falling asleep. It wasn't a fun ride, and we didn't have that much time actually at Kribi. So after, we started to drive away, and Elder Willis stopped in the road soon after and asked one of us to give a prayer. And the drive on the way home was fine. We did stop at the gas station again, and I got a Topomplamousse, which is basically Squirt, and a thing of Pringles. But there were not problems. So basically, the moral of the story, was make sure you pray, and chances are things will go better.

In closing, thank you for the emails everyone. I especially enjoyed Jacob's Superbowl recap, and Andrea's bus story. And Scott, thanks for finally emailing me to the correct address. I promise next weeks email will be better. And I'll send the airplane tickets Thursday, Dad.

Je vous aime bien,


No comments:

Post a Comment